The mother of all whitewater rafting tours. Raft the middle, South and North forks of the Smith River which is the only completely free flowing river system in California. Spend your days on an unforgettable river voyage and your nights relaxing at the historic Patrick Creek Lodge.
- Have a once-in-a-lifetime outdoor excursion experience where you are safely guided yet challenged and pushing yourself to new limits!
- See amazing nature: wildlife, carnivorous plants, serpentine rock, bald eagles and more. Observe all three forks of the majestic Smith River from the best vantage point possible.
On Day One, meet at 9:30 am at Patrick Creek Lodge. Make sure you have eaten breakfast. Introductory bases will be covered such as safety, intinerary and gear. Raft the middle fork of the Smith river, enjoying a delicious organic lunch along the riverbank. Finish your first day of rafting at Oregon Hole Gorge and be transported back to Patrick Creek Lodge where you can settle in to your room and enjoy your own dinner (at the location of your choice, not included in trip price) and a fun relaxing evening.
On Day Two everyone will regroup for breakfast at the guide's cabin at Patrick Creek Lodge and then head out on the 1.5 hour drive to put in at the North fork of the Smith. Enjoy another organic lunch at the gorgeous area of where Still Creek merges with the North Fork. After lunch continue down the untamed rapids. remerge with the Middle Fork, and after takeout be taken back to Patrick Creek Lodge for another evening of relaxation and recuperation.
On the final and third day, meet at 8:00 am for breakfast and venture about 30 minutes in the van to the South Fork of the Smith. The South Fork's calm rapids quickly evolve into the most thrilling of the trip. Take in the jaw dropping horizon lines and soak in the last day, after take out enjoy lunch, and be transported back to Patrick Creek Lodge one last time.
|Tour Name:||Three-Day Smith River Rafting Trip|
|Price per person:||$790.00|
|Tour Duration:||Three days|
|Area & Regions:||Northern California|
You are responsible for getting yourself home from the trip. Transportation to and from the put in and take out points during the rafting trip will be provided.
Price includes lodging at Patrick Creek Lodge and all applicable taxes. Trip space is limited to 12 participants. The minimum age for this trip is 12 years old.
Water levels on the Smith River fluctuate frequently. Please note that this itinerary may change due to high water or low water conditions, or other natural conditions beyond our control.
Please note that there is no cell phone service at the lodge or immediate surrounding area. The closest cell phone coverage is at the town of Hiouchi, which is about a 20 minute drive south on Highway 199. There is internet available at the lodge.
- Gear will be provided as needed (wetsuits, lifejackets, and helmets are required; booties (river shoes) and splash jackets are also available).
- Includes lunch all three days and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Dinner is not included in the price of the trip and there are a few different dining options for each evening.
- We provide transportation to and from Patrick Creek Lodge each day of the trip.
- The price of the trip includes lodging for two nights (Friday and Saturday). Your reservations will be made through your tour guide.
- Dinner is on your own (not included in the price of the trip), either at the lodge or elsewhere. There are several dining options within driving distance from the lodge.
- Important: Eat a meal prior to joining us on the river.
- River Shoes
- Clothes for the River
- Chums (to hold your sunglasses on)
- Lip Balm
- Dry Change of Clothes